April 23, 2008
Real Women Have Bodies…Politicians Even
This article from last week on Salon’s Broadsheet just cracked me up. German Chancellor Angela Merkel, the leader of the German nation is…a woman!!! And not just that…she has breasts! OMG!
Apparently her appearance at the German Opera in an evening gown with a plunging neckline cause quite a furor. Just more proof that:
- Women can be sexual or politically powerful, but not both.
- Women can be politically powerful, as long as they “act like men.”
- #2 means they must pretend like they don’t have a body. Wait, that they don’t have a female body, which is of course redundant in our culture where men have the luxury to be people first and bodies second (or never).
- Female sexuality is unable to be tolerated when it’s not for someone else. (I can’t hook up with her/masturbate to her/marry her so why does she think she can demonstrate that she has breasts?)
- Women cannot be “taken seriously while sexy.”
And it’s not even sexual!! It’s just some cleavage!! Evidence of having a female body!! Sheesh!
(cross-posted to The Reaction)